Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Week in Review (January 3 - January 9)

Tuesday (17,246 steps) - Work in the office. Had 75 minutes of running on schedule, but I was afraid of coming home and then having Olive go berserk, plus I didn't want to go "too" far from home so I wouldn't be home late. SO, I headed to the rec center so I could run Big Dry Creek. I haven't run this in over a year, and there was still construction happening and detours. It was pretty icy and cold out, glad I was wearing trail shoes. (Honestly, probably should have been wearing spikes too). Overall, this was fine.
Wednesday (17,074 steps) - Work in the office. Headed up to Boulder after work. I had a hill program that I needed a 10-20% grade hill for (oooof). I was pretty shocked by the amount of snow that was still on the trails! Glad I had my Exo Spikes though! I went up Skunk, across Mesa, and then I had to do 4/3/2/1 sprints up Bear. The only one I "failed" at was the first, 4 minute, one. I made it just over 3 before I had to hike the rest of the way up. Overall, however, this went WAY better than I expected. I'm so pleased with how my training has been going working with Greg.
Went back to the store for a few minutes.
Thursday (24,738 steps) - Work from home. Took Olive for a walk at lunch. Still no "bathroom breaks" on walks, which is somewhat frustrating! Never met a dog that sniffed and didn't pee/poop! It was sunny out and the snow by the lake was a lot deeper than I expected.
Had another 75 minute run to do after work. Olive is still scared occasionally (or maybe resistant?) to coming inside, so I got out later than I had hoped because she wouldn't come inside. The run itself was fine, but incredibly icy, so I was glad that I was wearing my micro spikes on this. With the full moon, I actually never needed to use my headlamp. This run was also fine!
20 minute core class before cooking dinner.
Friday (14,166 steps) - Wash Park! A small group, and we met a tiny bit later than usual since it's been so cold. We also moved faster since there weren't any dogs with us. Coffee at Stella's with Pete before going into work. Today was the first day that Olive was home all day alone (although A went home at lunch to let her out). I stopped at the grocery store to pick up an online order and took Olive for a walk. I was grateful that nothing seemed destroyed when I got home. Her bow tie that I ordered off Etsy finally came (from the UK!) and it looks adorable on her:
Saturday (36,868 steps) - I was on the fence with doing Runners Edge or something like Waterton for my long run. Turns out Olive would wake me up early enough that I figured I would stick around closer to home for my run. The run was an out and bacon on Sand Creek. I ran the first 3ish miles with Janet (at probably a faster pace than what I would have done alone) and the rest by myself. It was a nice and sunny day, but still pretty chilly and icy/snowy out. Surprised I wore my jacket the whole time!

Saw a fox (both directions, same(ish) spot, but on the way back I noticed he was favoring one of his paws, so he was probably injured. Very cute, but hurt :(

Stopped on the way home for coffee, then took Olive for a walk.
Came home to a package being delivered with our matching pj's. I'm ridiculous.
We ended up playing some games before/after dinner (checkers and rummikub), which was a LOT of fun, and not something we do often. 
Sunday (10,079 steps) - Up very early again (thanks, Olive). Did some reading, then went to brunch with Ben, which was delicious. Took Olive for a walk. Olive finally has figured out the frisbee!! She was having a blast running around the yard with it. So cute!! More reading. Met Ben at Salsa's for some chips and queso before heading home. Went to Costco for gas and ended up going inside and getting some stuff. Did my 25 minutes of core while cooking pizza. Low key night for everyone. What a week.
Monday (25,927 steps) - Work from home. Up early again (hi, Olive). Picked up Dunkin' for me and A. Took Olive for a walk at lunch and in VERY exciting news, she finally pooped! Still no pee, so we will have to keep working/hoping for that, haha.
Had a 90 minute run on schedule, so I headed out just after work. It was "mostly" clear, but a shocking number of people still have incredibly icy sidewalks, and again, every road crossing was treacherous. But it was a really a fantastic run overall. Felt really good the whole time.
Olive had looked so excited when I put on running shoes, I think she thought we were going for a walk. I heard her whimpering when I got home, so I immediately put her harness on and took her out for a bonus walk. Even though the walks aren't "productive," she seems to enjoy them. 

Stats:
  • 146,098 steps
  • 38.13 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 45 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...