Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Week in Review (December 21 - December 27)

Tuesday (16,515 steps) - Work in the office. Let's try this again - third times a charm?
Let's all admire the fact that not only did I get dressed, but I dressed NICELY to go into work. 
I had a one hour build on schedule, so I decided to head down to Lakewood and do a run on BCT. The temperatures were actually PERFECT for an evening run, and I was able to run for, oh, five minutes before I needed my headlamp. C'mon spring!! The first mile was... fine. The second mile was ok. The last mile was pretty awful. I had major stomach cramps that forced me to walk a lot more than I wanted to. Ugh, I swear I just get worse at running every day.
Met up with friends at Green Mountain after.
Wednesday (7,651 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. Peloton ride after work. Nothing else?
Thursday (19,108 steps) - Up "early" to do my run before work. I had what I thought would be an "easy" run - 4 min run + 1 min walk for 45 minutes. The first half was fine, but then I had major stomach cramps again, which once again made for a not fun run. Why.
Took Pika for a walk at lunch. 
Friday (9,980 steps) - Christmas Eve, and thankfully had the day off! Took Pika to the dog park - which was surprisingly packed.

We had plans to meet up with Tyler & Denny, Kristin & Doug at 4 Noses. We actually managed to get an inside table. Fun as always to chat with everyone. Ben left a bit earlier so that he could do some last minute shopping, so Ariel and I got a ride home from Kristin. 
Once we got home, we started on what has become somewhat of a tradition for us - the annual puzzle! Ben's mom had sent it to us a few weeks earlier and we were looking forward to seeing how long it would take. Ariel started the initial work while I made pumpkin cheesecakes.
All in all, it took us around 3.5 hours to finish this 500 piece puzzle. Honestly, I expected it to be a bit harder! Ben's mom was really impressed, haha.

We haven't had the lights on much this year because it's been insanely windy and the lights keep blowing on the roof. Grrr.
We stayed up UNTIL MIDNIGHT watching the newest James Bond movie. Party animals!
Saturday (11,574 steps) - One would think that we would sleep later since we had stayed up so late. Sadly, that was not the case. I think we were up by 8, and woke Ariel up sometime before 9. Last year we didn't take ANY pictures, so I made sure to at least get pictures of all the fun wrapping paper we had this year.
Pizza paper AND wrapped in a fun shape. Isn't A creative?

Tree and "most" of the presents
Sloths (for Ariel) and Narwhals (for Ben)
Gingerbread cookies for me!

Dinosaurs (also for A)
It shouldn't come as a surprise that we get gifts for the animals. I don't know how Ben came across these, but the cats now have banana beds.

Ben's section of the couch doesn't have a cupholder, so I got him this amazing pink unicorn to hold his beverages
And no Christmas would be complete without a train for the cats, haha
Ariel and I took Pika back to the dog park since I had a "Strava Art" activity on my schedule. It didn't work out QUITE as planned, but it was fun working on this. A had a friend come over, so they disappeared playing video games and Ben and I made dinner (which I can't believe none of us took any pictures of). After dinner Ben and I watched "Don't Look Up" - holy funny!!
Sunday (27,079 steps) - Ben and I had plans to run separately. We started in Boulder and he was going to run the Dirty Biz loop and I was going to do the same loop I had done the week before. I was thankfully feeling a lot better this week, and it was not nearly as cold. There were, however, more people on the trail because it was warmer and we started later, but it wasn't too bad. Thankfully the wind didn't pick up until the last couple miles. Even the downhill sucked because it was so windy.



Ben and I stopped at Bluegrass on the way home for some snacks and a beer, and then to Costco to pick up a few things and get gas. Evening was spent watching "Don't Look Up" again (since A hadn't seen it). Robin found her banana! We had to put hers in the bin of old race shirts that she always sleeps in for her to use it, but she seems to enjoy it.
Monday (7,494 steps) - Work from home. Literally rolled out of bed right at the time I needed to log in. Thankfully nothing happened over the weekend, so it was a slow morning. Picked up coffee before taking A to practice. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. Watched "Don't Listen" and it was pretty good! Leftovers for dinner and a few episodes of Breaking Bad - getting close to finishing up. Forgot how intense this show is!

Stats:
  • 99,401 steps
  • 20.54 miles run
  • 45 minutes of cardio
  • 0 minutes of strength 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...