Thursday, May 20, 2021

Week in Review (May 11 - May 17)

Tuesday (13,967 steps) - Work in the office. Took Pika for a short walk after work. That's it?
Wednesday (20,477 steps) - Work from home. I went for a run late morning that was "fast" and pretty amazing! I've been working with Abby for about a month now, and I think I am actually starting to see some changes in performance. Took Pika for a walk at lunch.
Did a strength video, then another Pika walk after work.
Thursday (21,597 steps) - Work from home. 
Went for a "long" run mid-morning while A was at school. The first 5ish were pretty darn great, and then a mile that wasn't, but finished strong. A 7 mile run midweek? Who am I? I'd love it if runs were "mostly" good like this. Picked A up at school and took her to get her first vaccine shot! We had to go to a sketchy neighborhood and the clientele was a bit "rough around the edges." The other kids that were there were all excited to get vaccinated, however.
After work I headed down to watch A's track meet. Sadly, I missed her first event, the 1600, by about 10 minutes, sadness. She ran really well at all her events, and even won her heat of the 400m!
We didn't feel like making dinner, so we picked up Qdoba. Since I hadn't had time to walk Pika earlier in the day, I took her for a nice evening walk to the lake after dinner.
Friday (21,459 steps) - Work in the office. Met up with the gang for a walk at Wash Park and coffee before heading into the office. Went for a walk at lunch and found a new (to me) pedestrian bridge I hadn't used before, so that was neat.
After work I had to rush home and pack - we were going to be going on our first camping trip of the season with Shelly, and I hadn't even packed. Luckily Ben and Ariel were still finalizing stuff as well, and we got out the door around 6:30. Thankfully, it is still early season so there wasn't any traffic heading up to Dillon. We had enough time to grab a beer at Outer Range, then we picked up a late dinner at Whole Foods.
Ben backed in perfect the first try, and we were able to get settled in pretty fast. We ate dinner and started a campfire, but I got cold, so we went into the camper and played a few games of Uno before heading to bed (very late).

Saturday (22,909 steps) - Initially, I woke up right around sunrise (just like at home), but after using the bathroom and taking Pika out, I was able to go back to sleep - staying in bed until 9?? We didn't really have any plans for the morning, but headed into Breckenridge to go to Clint's for breakfast, then decided to walk to see Isak the troll! From town it was a decent walk, a few miles round trip.
I definitely wanted to get in an easy run/hike. I had mapped out about a 4.5 mile loop on the trail system behind our campground. I was actually familiar with all these trails since they are part of the Run the Rockies course, which I've run multiple times. I was surprised the trails were in such good shape. We took it super easy and had a great time!





Thankfully we didn't get rained on. We headed into town to go back to Outer Range, where our friend Lee met us for a drink. On the way back to the campground we stopped at the grocery store to get hot dogs to grill, some sides, and of course, s'mores!
Lee joined us for a bit, but had to head home early because he had an early shift. We enjoyed another campfire, and more Uno! (Which by the way, Ben is new to playing and seems to think Ariel and I were making up rules... "why did I get skipped?" haha)
Sunday (11,715 steps) - Realized that check out was later than we thought, so we took our time getting ready. Took Pika for a nice walk on the lower trails, then headed back to Clint's in town for more coffee and pre-birthday cake!
Opted to head home before it got too late, what a gorgeous morning!
Once we got to the other side of the tunnel, the weather shifted and it was foggy and rainy all the way home. We stopped at Over Yonder for a beer, then once home we unpacked everything. Took Pika for a walk, that's it? Glad we didn't get home super late.
Monday (11,423 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. Had to take A to her track meet, and figured I could use my hot spot between events to work so I wouldn't have to take the afternoon off. Why is there a meet at 2 pm in the second to last week of school? A ran the 1600 first and had a REALLY strong race. Was super happy that she ran another PR, 6:52!!


Immediately after their event there was a lightning delay of a half hour. We sat in the car while we waited to see what was going to happen. After 45 minutes of lightning and POURING rain, her coach decided to cancel the rest of their races. A was only supposed to run the 800, so she wasn't too upset about it. It ended up raining all night... Ben picked up Indian food for pre-birthday dinner, and it was delicious!!

Stats:
  • 123,547 steps
  • 16.47 miles run
  • 0 minutes of rowing
  • 10 minutes of Peloton
  • 20 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...